Skip to main content

"Life" in TINDER


Tinder is an online dating site. Let me be honest, I have never met anyone from there, but my friend is the number one fan of that app. She keeps meeting different guys every week, (let’s say around 3-4 guys per week), and she says many of them are hot!
I have my profile on there, and I have to say, it’s pretty challenging to find someone… and I’m not that picky! Many of the guys that look great are not showing their teeth, or are doing sports with big outfits that cover their face and body... I mean, there is not another way to choose people than by flicking through their pictures, and if the pictures you have are shit or not showing yourself properly, then?¿
My friend recommended me to join and she gave me advice of how to use it properly. I thought this advice could be useful for you... Unless you are 100% sure that a guy is super, don’t even try, as you will most likely be disappointed. If pictures are not great, then sorry fellas, you have lost any chance. Being great is showing yourself as you are and being natural – NOT using Photoshop, etc! Well, it kind of makes sense to edit your pictures, right?
If you do not filter people by their looks and profile then you are being too nice and will end up giving a chance to all of them! Well, not all of them, but if you think about it, most people have something good to offer, right? Independently, how they look! I know many of you will say NO, but I say YES!
As I said, my friend meets a different guy almost every day – what about them? I guess the men do the same, obviously.
It must be challenging to compete with so many people, (well not for me, as my profile is awesome!), but in general you can potentially feel small, like when you walk around London. The guy who seems interested in you has probably been interested in 100 other women at the same time! It’s kind of disgusting, right?
Well, there will be exceptions of the guy that fights for the girl he really likes, (if there are any), and girls that do the same, (Ok, I am lying myself now), but if you are chatting to 20 women/ men at the same time, the challenge to get one date is not that big, is it?
Getting a date should not be a challenge when most single people are looking for a date! And as any market economists would say, having competition can bring a lot of benefits, more quality "products." The more people that use Tinder, the more effort that has to be put into get what you want. This would happen if there were not enough buyers, but in this case, it seems that both sides are full – there are guys and girls doing this non-stop dating crazy thing, not even expecting or searching for quality anymore.
If there were lots of guys but fewer girls, then girls could potentially get a quality date as the guys would be improving themselves and challenging/ fighting to be chosen. However, this does not seem to be the case. A guy doesn’t have to make much effort because he knows he will have 10 other girls looking and waiting for him. Surely, this will lead to a shit date with someone who doesn’t really care whether or not it works out?
As you see, I am only concluding something that makes sense for me, not from experience this time. I am hoping some of you readers will give me the answers or different advice! Or maybe I will just ask my friend :)


PART 2. (Wrote this today)
This is a joke! So, I have finally met someone from Tinder and I am making business plans with that person and nothing else! I literally mean business, no dating or anything similar to that – not even a mixture of business and pleasure!
When I look for business, I get dates, and when I look for dates (which does not happen often), I get business!? How does that work out?
Hmmm life can be nonsense! Or is it?
The other guys I have been talking to in there are really not that fun. Some of them are ok – they know what jokes to tell to make you laugh, (these guys are good, even if they are copying and pasting the same message to all the girls!) But, the rest are either boring or tell you that they want to make love with you in the first text!?! It’s kind of disgusting, especially if you are not looking for that right away. They actually think sex with them may be better that by yourself!!! Hmmm, we will need to discuss.
Hope you enjoyed this. Thanks for reading!
Comments below.
Nerea




Comments

  1. Hahaha, the part 2 is pure gold, the karma is always so funny. Please, make an article about the last part.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Pure gold" I like that!!
    Your wish is my command! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The smell of love - How not to miss him or her

Pheromones. We've also all heard of them, but what actually are they and how do they effect us? Cue boring science-y bit, let's learn something together. Pheromones are a type of hormone that operate outside of the body and send signals which are received through the nose. These signals effect members of the same species in either a physical or emotional way.  NOTE. I am going to confess something by the end of this article, so read the whole of it or go to the end! According to research conducted in Sweden using brain imaging, men and women can send and respond to these signals through an area in the brain called the hyperthalamos which deals with sexual behaviour and emotions specifically.  So what we are really saying here is that men (or women) looking to get some action, release the smell of I-am-looking-for-action and that someone will respond to this, all without words. You know that feeling you get when you first meet someone and you are way ne

Yesterday I Cried

I would not normally share a picture of myself in this condition. And not just because it does not happen very often, but because when it does happens, its not something I like to promote! But this time however, I thought 'come on let's do it!' There must be many people who have felt like how I felt yesterday.

Have you ever found yourself in a non expected date?

So, this is the situation. You meet someone (a guy, ok, no, “a man”), who seems to be nice, then after an hour comfortably chatting to each other he tries to kiss you, you say “no, I don´t want to, thanks”. He asks why, you say, I just don´t want to. He is ok with that but asks you to catch up again in few days, I say “yeah why not, its ok” (thinking this could be a great friendship or even a business opportunity, who knows), after saying I don´t want to kiss you I really thought that part was clear! He is an interesting man, attractive (kind of) and has a good heart. Then on the second meeting, we go to the beach, he comes all ready to have an amazing few hours and says he booked a table in a very nice restaurant nearby. All seems to be going so well, we connect, we have great conversations, we complement each other (REALLY NICE COMPLEMENTS), we have a super bath at the sea, we start planning a video shoot together, we chat chat chat (at this point I really thought it was