Skip to main content

Yesterday I Cried

I would not normally share a picture of myself in this condition. And not just because it does not happen very often, but because when it does happens, its not something I like to promote!
But this time however, I thought 'come on let's do it!'
There must be many people who have felt like how I felt yesterday.

Everything seems to go wrong and is difficult to achieve. Or that life is like a mountain, and that the climb isn't worth it. And that your life is just a mess, so you keep on asking yourself "can you really achieve this or that?". You stop believing in yourself in moments as such.
Its all a never ending circle of negativity.


Those who know me can tell you that I am one of the most positive people they have ever met. And I like being that way, which does not mean that I am never feeling down or so.
Sometimes this can happen and as I always say, you need to look inside yourself, and check what is going on. It can be your hormones or maybe you are tired or maybe you are overwhelmed.

When this happens to me, the first thing I do is check my P.D (Period Diary). I know it sounds funny, but that's exactly what I do! Boy you tell me what you do...
This picture tells you where I am, surprisingly I got my period today. And you know, this is not surprising anymore! Because most of the time before I get it, I do feel like crying! Isn't that amazing? Well not the fact that I feel like crying, but the fact that now I can predict when it will happen and I know this is because of my crazy hormones (or at least I like to believe this to be!). This may or may not be the reason for this, but it makes sense to me as I see a correlation.
We are not just our mind, we are also a body. And your body has needs and things go on in them which you better care about! :)


I guess you are now waiting for a solution, well crying is a good one! hahah
But ok let me tell you what I did, I basically had a chat with a good friend of mine, he told me how great I am, how good I will do. He said I don't have to worry because I do have what I need to achieve whatever I want. And I was then supposed to stop crying, but no! I cried even more! But the cry was coming from a different, a much more pleasant place. It was beautiful, a beautiful experience, a beautiful observation and of course a beautiful friend.
So yes having a friend who can tell you how great you are can work, but sometimes you just need to cry. It is ok to do so... (I could start speaking about the benefits of crying, which is also a natural thing your body does to sometimes eliminate toxins, etc. but I guess there will be another full article for it!). And I am not telling you just cry cry cry, but giving yourself the chance to do so can actually help you clear your mind.

Boys, you may be asking yourselves now, "great who cares about this", what I do then? Look at my P.D? Well, knowing what is going on in your girl body can massively help you understand her, and of course same way we observe ourselves and find correlations you can observe yourself and find them too if it´s the case. And of course cry if needed! ;)

Managing yourself is one of the biggest and most beautiful processes you are going to have to deal with.
Hope this can help you understand yourself better and to enjoy your emotions.

Have a great day/ night!

Thanks for reading!
Nerea

Comments

  1. Nerea! This is an awesome article. Thank you so much for your honesty and vulnerability! It is nice to hear from someone like you that we all have good days and bad days... It can be easy to believe that 'following our passion' leads to only good days... Keepin' it real, you are. Lots of love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Arabella!

      Thank you for your comment!
      Yes, since we are born we have our moments, good and bad, wanting to be 24-7 up would be so unnatural and would probably not let us appreciate the good as well. Being pro-active can definitely help to balance, but respecting your downs is key!

      "It´s ok to be ok" as someone said.

      Have a great day beautiful!

      Delete
  2. Ohhh perfect timing. Although the big P is not in my diary anytime soon I've spent the whole day in tears. My Dad tries to 'sort me out' with a cuddle which just made me cry so much more. However I didn't cry for over 13 Months between last year because I just couldn't. I'm still crying now (ha...) But I feel it must be healthier than it all building up. I will treat myself to an early night and a warm bath and start again tomorrow. For now though... I will have a bloomin' good cry :') x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The smell of love - How not to miss him or her

Pheromones. We've also all heard of them, but what actually are they and how do they effect us? Cue boring science-y bit, let's learn something together. Pheromones are a type of hormone that operate outside of the body and send signals which are received through the nose. These signals effect members of the same species in either a physical or emotional way.  NOTE. I am going to confess something by the end of this article, so read the whole of it or go to the end! According to research conducted in Sweden using brain imaging, men and women can send and respond to these signals through an area in the brain called the hyperthalamos which deals with sexual behaviour and emotions specifically.  So what we are really saying here is that men (or women) looking to get some action, release the smell of I-am-looking-for-action and that someone will respond to this, all without words. You know that feeling you get when you first meet someone and you are way ne

Have you ever found yourself in a non expected date?

So, this is the situation. You meet someone (a guy, ok, no, “a man”), who seems to be nice, then after an hour comfortably chatting to each other he tries to kiss you, you say “no, I don´t want to, thanks”. He asks why, you say, I just don´t want to. He is ok with that but asks you to catch up again in few days, I say “yeah why not, its ok” (thinking this could be a great friendship or even a business opportunity, who knows), after saying I don´t want to kiss you I really thought that part was clear! He is an interesting man, attractive (kind of) and has a good heart. Then on the second meeting, we go to the beach, he comes all ready to have an amazing few hours and says he booked a table in a very nice restaurant nearby. All seems to be going so well, we connect, we have great conversations, we complement each other (REALLY NICE COMPLEMENTS), we have a super bath at the sea, we start planning a video shoot together, we chat chat chat (at this point I really thought it was